Chapter 1 - Introduction
Word Count 400 - Deadline: 12 June 2023
The Research Question:
How have geomorphic processes altered the coastline in Sitges & how have people tried to manage these processes?
1. Write out the RQ above:
2. At this point, you must formulate two hypotheses to test against the question. (A hypothesis is a statement that you can test. A well written hypothesis is clear, directional and measurable) - See right for examples..
3. Relevant information about the place chosen as the focus for the investigation - introduction to Sitges, a brief history of the town
4. Complete two hand-drawn maps showing its location within Spain and within Catalonia, together with a brief written description of location.
5. What are the expected outcomes - from what you have already learned about coastal processes and geology, what do you expect to find? Don't forget to show off your knowledge and include some of the theory above including definitions
6. An explanation of how the RQ and hypotheses link to the specification - "this piece of coursework relates to Unit 2 Natural Environments, sub unit 3 - Coasts
*Hypothesis - Not all beaches are eroded equally in Sitges
Checklist before final hand in
- Contents Page
- All pages numbered
- All photos, graphs, charts etc numbered in order e.g. fig 1, fig 2 etc
- Header of your name & Candidate Number
- Footer of International School of Toulouse FR042
- Front Cover with the following:
How do geomorphic processes affect the coast in Sitges, Spain?
Your Full Name
International School of Toulouse
Paper 3 - Coursework
iGCSE Geography 0460
Word Count (should be no more than 2000).